Protect Your Home from Expensive Termite Damages
Termite Control in DFW
Termites are active year-round throughout Texas thanks to our warm summers, milder winters, and overall humid climate. This means homeowners have to be extra vigilant about protecting their homes from termites, as an infestation can happen at any time, not just during the swarming season.
When you partner with us for termite control in DFW, we will:
- Offer a free, comprehensive termite inspection, searching for signs of termites, such as mud tubes or damaged wood.
- Create a custom treatment plan based on the severity of the infestation.
- Install Sentricon® System bait stations or use liquid treatments that effectively eliminate termites.
- Provide you with our termite warranty, which can be renewed yearly.
While that might sound overwhelming, our termite exterminators are here to take care of all the hard work for you.
How Sentricon Works
As a Certified Sentricon Specialist®, Alamo's termite treatment uses the Sentricon System, which is the best termite bait system on the market. It’s designed to eliminate colonies at their source, including the queen. Here’s how it works:
- We install Recruit® termite bait stations around the perimeter of your home to create a protective barrier.
- Termites are drawn to the bait, which is proven to be preferred over wood.
- Affected termites spread the bait throughout the colony.
- Worker termites that forage die first, cutting off the colony’s food supply.
Once all the worker termites are gone, the colony can no longer support itself and collapses. This ensures total eradication of all the termite colonies on your property, as more than one can be present at a time. Learn more about the benefits of Sentricon.
Signs of a Termite Infestation
Termites stay inside their colony, underground, or in mud tubes, which makes it unlikely you’ll actually see termites in your home. This makes it difficult to determine if you have a termite infestation, giving these pests more time to wreak havoc on your home. Instead of looking for termites themselves, keep an eye out for these signs of an infestation:
- Hollow-sounding wood: Damaged wood is the biggest indicator of a termite problem. If you knock on wood and it sounds hollow, it’s likely been compromised by termites.
- Discarded wings: Swarmers lose their wings when they land, leaving behind piles of wings that resemble fish scales.
- Peeling paint: Termites introduce excess moisture to your home, which can result in bubbling or peeling paint.
- Mud tubes: These are pathways termites make from the ground to your home. They’re brown, cylindrical tubes made of soil that are often on your home’s foundation.
- Frass: Termite excrement, or frass, resembles sawdust or sand. It can vary from beige to black in color.
What Makes Alamo Termite & Pest Control Special?
Aside from our 24/7 availability and our almost 30 years of experience, there are a few other things that set our locally-owned and operated pest control company apart:
- All of our treatments are family- and pet-friendly, ensuring the safety of your loved ones.
- We work around your schedule by offering same-day and next-day servicing.
- Instead of making you feel trapped paying for a service you don't need, we offer no-contract service options.
- We offer free quotes and free inspections for all of our services.
- All of our treatments come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee to ensure you get the results you want!
As a locally-owned and operated company, our team of exterminators takes great pride in helping our community. We’ve provided dependable, affordable pest control across the region since 1993.