Rodent Control in DFW
Sharing your home with rats and mice is unsettling, and can even be dangerous. To get rid of them for good, ditch the DIY treatments and trust the professionals here at Alamo Termite & Pest Control. Our comprehensive rodent exterminating service targets pests at their source to quickly and safely eliminate them.
Our rodent control treatments include:
- A comprehensive inspection to look for droppings, nesting materials, and other signs of a rodent infestation.
- Bait stations placed in areas with a lot of rodent activity, but away from kids and pets.
- Exclusion repairs to seal off entry points and prevent more rodents from coming inside.
- Recurring visits to ensure your home stays protected year-round.
Protect Your Family From Rodents
They may look small and harmless, but mice and rats pose a serious risk to your family and home. Rats and mice carry over 35 diseases, including leptospirosis, hantavirus, and salmonella. They can also cause allergic reactions, contaminate your food, and even cause fires by chewing through electrical wires. To keep you protected and get rid of rodents for good, our rodent exterminators treat current infestations while working to prevent future ones from occurring.
Signs of a Rodent Infestation
The smaller the infestation, the easier it is to treat. Unfortunately, you’re unlikely to see rodents scamper by, as they are nocturnal animals that often stay away from humans. That’s why it’s important to know the more subtle indicators of a rodent infestation, so you can call the professionals at the first sign of trouble. Things to look out for include:
- Droppings: Rodent droppings look like raisins or black grains of rice and are often in cabinets, closets, and other rarely-used spaces.
- Smudge marks: Rodents bump into objects and baseboards as they travel, leaving smudges caused by the oil and dirt in their fur.
- Noises: Scratching in the walls or the attic is the most noticeable sign that there are rats, mice, or another animal present.
- Foul odors: Droppings and urine cause strong, musky odors that can spread throughout your home.
- Destroyed Food: Stay on the lookout for destroyed food in your pantry. These critters will chew through packaging, storage containers, etc.
How To Remove Rodents From Your Home
Regardless of whether someone is a property renter or owner, a pest is a pest. Mice and rats are destructive rodents. The weather changes in Texas take place overnight, and there is no way to tell when a mouse will find a way to get in to avoid high water, a cold snap, or oppressive heat waves.
Eliminate Entry Points
One mouse can quickly turn into a full infestation. The point of entry is rarely easy to pin down because of the insistence of rodents to find a place of comfort. Pest control specialists know how to track a mouse’s sneaky holes using multiple methods.
The faster an entry point is pinpointed, the less damage the pests can do. Mice are not picky about what they gnaw on and destroy. From insulation to wires that could cause a fire hazard, an infestation is dangerous and annoying. Narrowing where they are coming in is imperative to stop the worst-case scenario.
The placement of traps and the bait used are only two aspects of using mouse traps to diminish a full-on rodent invasion. The type of trap is tricky because a homeowner or renter is now always aware of how large the pest infestation is evolving.
- Snap traps—Larger than mouse traps, they capture rats much the same way.
- Live traps—The rodent enters the trap and is shunted to the other side by a snapping mechanism, trapping the rodent. You will take the trap somewhere to let it go so the rat can’t get back into your house.
- Glue traps—The only way this wouldn’t work is if the rat only catches one leg on the trap and carries it around with it. Otherwise, it works well.
- Bait traps—These are kid and pet-resistant, designed for only the rat eating the bait and dying.
Placement is essential because of an established path mice tend to keep. A trained pest control technician is useful when your home becomes a mouse playground.
Sanitation to Secure
Cleanliness is not always as cut and dry as it seems. Anyone who has children, grandchildren, or pets knows that even the largest of crumbs is easy to miss. The fact is, a mouse will enter a clean or dirty house, but they are more willing to stay and grow their family of pests if they have a constant trail of tasty morsels.
Filthy houses are not safe for an array of reasons. But, rodents do not discriminate. Ensuring the garbage is taken out, vacuumed, and swept will reduce the number of pesky pests that attempt a takeover.
Available Whenever You Need Us
When you discover rodents in your home, you need someone to talk to. We get that, which is why we offer 24/7 phone lines. No matter what time it is, you’ll always be able to talk to an experienced rat exterminator for help in Dallas Fort Worth. We also offer same-day and next-day treatments so you don’t have to wait for relief!
As a locally-owned and operated company, our team of exterminators takes great pride in helping our community. We’ve provided dependable, affordable pest control across the region since 1993.